We offer full time property management for your residential and commercial properties in the Jackson metro area. View below for our property management process.
Using innovation, we provide management solutions to connect owners and tenants. From maintenance to on-line portals and marketing, we create a streamlined approach making the entire management process easy.
Evaluate the property and determine an accurate rental rate
- Perform detailed documentation of the interior and exterior including photos
- Offer recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements that maximize monthly rent while providing good ROI.
- Gather data on rental rates in the area and work with owners to determine the optimal rental rate. Rent research will vary, but should include looking at the recently rented properties according to size and type.
- Discuss with owners the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, appliances, etc.
- Install a lock box
Market the property for rent
- Prepare property for rent
- Clean property and optimize interior appeal
- Manicure landscaping to increase curb appeal
- Create ads tailored to the property and advertising. Some of the advertising commonly used are:
Paid and free rental listing website
- Work with other realtors and leasing agents to find a tenant
- Field calls from prospects for questions and viewings
- Meet prospective tenants for showings throughout the week and weekend.
- Provide prospective tenants with rental applications.
Tenant Screening and Selection
- Income verification
- Employment verification
- Grade tenant according to pre-defined tenant criteria
- Rental history checks
Tenant Move In
- Draw up leasing agreement
- Confirm move in date with tenant
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant
- Collect first months rent and security deposit
- Receiving rent
- Tracking down late payments
- Sending out pay or quit notices
- Enforcing late fees
- Filing relevant paperwork to initiate and complete an unlawful detainer action
- Representing owner in court
- Coordinating with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenants possessions from unit
- Perform periodic inspections (Inside and outside) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc. Many municipalities require rental inspections.
- Provide accounting property management services
Make payments on behalf of owner.
- Detailed documentation of expenses via invoices and receipts
- Provide annual reporting, structured for tax purposes as well as required tax documents including a 1099 form and yearly statements
Maintenance, Repairs, and Remodeling
- Provide and oversee all maintenance with the property
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Maintain outdoor areas
Removing trash and debris
- Larger renovation or rehab projects
- Provide recommendations on how the project can maximize rental income.
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
Tenant Move Out
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property’s condition when the client moves out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs.
- Clean unit and perform and needed repairs or upgrades
- Put the property back on the market for rent